Re: [IP] Re: Cup of flour

Hi All,
Just another Pastry Chef chiming in.  Kelly is dead on right,
measurement by weight is the only way to go for accuracy.  Just for fun,
every time I teach home bakers I begin the class by asking everyone to
measure a cup of flour and then we weight them.  The variance has been
as much as 2 ounces among the students.

If you're using pounds and ounces, a cup of All Purpose Flour is 4
ounces. Remember that is All Purpose Flour, other flours: cake, pastry,
bread, whole wheat, rye, etc, will measure out differently.  Most
cookbooks include a section at the beginning on the correct way to
measure a cup of flour accurately.  It is a simple procedure and, when
followed, will give consistent results.

Happy Holiday Baking to all!