[IP] d-tron pump failure/poor customer service

My D-tron stopped working on Sunday - early in the morning when I tried to
give a correction bolus the check button wouldn't work...I could still use the
standard bolus so I wasn't all that worried....at first.  I just bolused by
.5's and rounded doses up or down, but then I realized I was almost out of
insulin and would need the check button to prime a new cartridge - uh oh!

So I called Disetronic, and was very disappointed in their lack of customer
service.  The tech guy I spoke with suggested changing the battery or leaving
the battery out for a period of time and massaging all of the keypad - which I
tried although I couldn't see how that would help (and it didn't).  He finally
agreed to send me a loaner pump - but it wouldn't arrive until Tuesday (has to
be shipped from MN to Ontario) - he couldn't offer any suggestions for what I
should do between Sunday until Tuesday.  AND he warned me that I better send
my pump in right away because the loaner only had about 30 days left on it
before it "ran out"...as if I don't want my pump fixed - it's NOT working!!
Anyways, today is Tuesday, and I still haven't received a replacement.  I
called Disetronic back at 4:00 pm and spoke with the same tech guy who still
was unhelpful, didn't offer any solutions and said it was on it's way.  When I
said that I was surprised there wasn't a rep in Ontario that could get a
loaner pump to me quicker than 2 + days he said he was doing the best he
could.  I reminded him that my pump was not working but he seemed
disinterested and very unsympathetic.

I must say that this is the first negative experience I have had with
Disetronic.  Am I over-reacting or justified in thinking that I should have
received better customer service?  I hope the loaner arrives tommorrow.