Re: [IP] Re: Pump comparisons

Thanks all for the input.  I used the Paradigm for a week, and for six days
it worked perfectly.  Then three E-21 error messages which I understand
have been fixed, and a dead battery.  I did have it on vibrate, but thought
a week is pretty short.  That said, it is small, easy to use and assuming
the glitches are fixed, I would be happy to have it.  On the other hand, I
am using the D-tron Plus right now. It is bigger (disadvantage) and uses a
proprietary battery one cannot buy at the store (disadvantage), but uses a
3 ml cartridge that last me two weeks (good) and is super good interfacing
with their Insight diabetes management program which integrates One Touch
and Free Style meters and all insulin delivery onto one spreadsheet, and
you can alter alerts by computer, such a low insulin alerts.  I don't want
such alerts at 30, then 20 then 10 units left.  You cannot defeat these
alerts on the Paradigm, but on the D-tron you can set the alarm at what
level you want, and get awakened only once.  All said, these pumps have
good features.  I didn't try the other two because my docs and sister with
type 1 thought I would like these two the best.  Thanks again everyone for
all their feedback.  We are truly blessed in that a hundred years ago,
anyone who had ITDM just died for lack of insulin, and now we have insulin
infusion pumps!  Happy holidays.