Re: [IP] Pregnant pumpers....

>>>I had a 9 lb 13 oz son and a 10lb 10 oz little girl by c-sections.  Had I been on the pump.....they probably wouldn't have weighed as much.<<<

I have had two babies while on the pump.  My first was 8 lbs. 1 oz., but my second was 9 lbs. 14 oz.  During both pregnancies, my A1c was in the 5-6 range.  My OB told me, when my second was clearly larger than normal, that it just shows how much they still don't know about diabetes, because sometimes a big baby can be born to a diabetic mom doing everything right.

It is certainly not as likely that the baby will be huge if pumping and well controlled, but even well controlled diabetes doesn't guarantee a reasonably sized child.

I was on the pump for eight years before my first pregnancy, and personally, I cannot imagine going through pregnancy without a pump.  I think it is a necessity while pregnant.  Hats off to anyone who has maintained good control throughout pregnancy without a pump!  You have my respect!

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990

One click access to the Top Search Engines