Re: [IP] Question: How important is it to have a pro-pump endo?

>>>Do you guys think it's valuable/important/essential to have a pro-pump endo?  I'd be interested in hearing your experiences and advice.<<<

This may not be the majority opinion, but the doctor I had when I first went on the pump was like that.  He believed (back then there was no Lantus, but we used Ultralente) that using Ultralente was "just as good" as a pump, also.  When I expressed interest in using the pump, he was open to it and put me on it.  Whatever I wanted to do, MDI or pump, he would support.

When I moved, I found a better doctor that was very pro-pump, but if I didn't have her, I would not consider it essential to have a pro-pump endo.  All that is really necessary is to have one who will support you whatever approach you choose to take in dealing with your disease.

Having a pro-pump doctor would, of course, be best, but if you can't find one, it isn't the end of the world.  That's just my opinion.

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990

One click access to the Top Search Engines