Re: [IP] QualCare/UniCare

In a message dated 12/10/02 6:02:29 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<< Recently found out that my company is switching health insurance plans from

Oxford to QualCare/Unicare. I'm a little worried about what/how this new

plan will cover my daughters insulin/pump supplies.

Does anyone out there have any experience with this insurance company?   >>

This has been noted over and over and over again on this list: The insurance
company does not determine what is covered: YOUR EMPLOYER does! YOUR EMPLOYER
determines what it believes ITS EMPLOYEES need, what it can afford, etc., and
goes from there. Got it?

You need to talk to HR (or whoever in your company negotiates for insurance
coverage) and let them know of your concerns and needs.

Jan and Elvis