[IP] Ilness and site problems?

I have had a cold for about 2 weeks now.  In the past 2 times I've had
to change my site (every 3 days) I've been having problems.  After
about the first day, the insulin seems to not be working as well, and
when I remove the site, the area is hard and tender.  As soon as I put
the new site in, I start having lows because the insulin starts working
better.  It is almost like my body is treating my infusion site as an
infection.  I'm wondering if the extra work it is doing to fight off
the cold is affecting this.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? At first, I thought it was
just the normal higher blood sugars due to illness...but, in both
cases, the new site works great for the first day or so, then I need
more insulin.  In fact, the first site change, I got a no delivery
alarm.  There were no problems with the cannula, so I think my body had
sort of "blocked" the cannula.  I know that the insulin itself isn't a
problem, as I've never had any problems up until these last two site
changes (which is the first time I've been sick since I've been on the