Re: [IP] Pregnant pumpers....

I have been diabetic for 8 years and have gone through two wonderful pregnancies in the past 2 years.  I have 2 healthy children.  I just started pumping last week and wish I had been on the pump when I was pregnant.  Sure would have helped those sugar ups and downs.  I had a 9 lb 13 oz son and a 10lb 10 oz little girl by c-sections.  Had I been on the pump.....they probably wouldn't have weighed as much.  But now I am on the pump and maybe I will be on the pump when a third one comes along.....:)  But ladies.....you can have wonderful pregnancies with healthy babies even if you are a diabetic.  I second that.  :)
 email @ redacted wrote:Insulin Pumpers is made possible by contributions from forum
members and supporters in industry. Your tax deductible donation

Hello. I just wanted to give some of the women that are pregnant or are
considering getting pregnant a little confidence.. I have been type 1 for
almost 9 years, and I had a perfect pregnancy. I had been pumping for
exactly a year when I found out I was pregnant. I gave birth to a 6lb 14oz
baby girl on November 25th. She was full term, and not a big baby. I had to
have a c-section only because she was in distress, she had the umbilical cord
wrapped around her neck, and it also had a knot in it. I just wanted to let
you ladies know that it is possible to have a great pregnancy with diabetes.
Just watch your blood sugars and do the best you can.
Stephanie Olivieri

Do you Yahoo!?