Re: RE: [IP] deciding on a pump - delivery rates

Your all getting to technical for me!! :-)  All I know is that 0.1 works great for me!!

Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)
Pumping Nov.12/02 - Blue Paradigm

> > With a pump that delivers insulin every 3 minutes, a .05 unit
> difference> can
> > be significant.
> You are comparing apples to oranges.  The mechanics of the
> delivery systems
> of Disetronic and Minimed are different.  Minimed uses a step motor;
> Disetronic uses a DC motor.  Minimed delivers 0.1 units per step,
> and the
> number of steps in a given period depends on the units per hour.
> Disetronicgives whatever portion of the units necessary every
> three minutes regardless
> of the amount per hour.  But both systems accurately deliver basal
> rates.
What is more significant is that if you had a set basal rate of 0.05 units
an hour, your delivery every 3 minutes would be 0.0025 units.  A pump that
delivers 0.1 unit per delivery cannot come close to achieving that.