RE: [IP] deciding on a pump - delivery rates

Brent [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> With a pump that delivers insulin every 3 minutes, a .05 unit difference
> can
> be significant.

You are comparing apples to oranges.  The mechanics of the delivery systems
of Disetronic and Minimed are different.  Minimed uses a step motor;
Disetronic uses a DC motor.  Minimed delivers 0.1 units per step, and the
number of steps in a given period depends on the units per hour.  Disetronic
gives whatever portion of the units necessary every three minutes regardless
of the amount per hour.  But both systems accurately deliver basal rates.

Jim Handsfield