RE: [IP] brand new - deciding on a pump

I am currently using the MM 507C, but am hoping to upgrade to the Animas
IR1000 soon. I love my pump, but am unsure about upgrading to another MM
pump so I have thoroughly researched other pump options. You will hear the
good/bad/ugly about EVERY pump company, so I would suggest researching all
and finding the one that best suits YOUR needs (ie, vibrate features, daily
insulin needs, size, etc). Check all of them out and have them send you
info, and meet with the reps...

Check out:

Good luck to you!

Hi all, brand new to the list.  I was wanting to get some advice from
real people on the pump.  I'm in the process of getting one (everything
is final with insurance and everything) I just need to decide which one
I want to get!  I'm 25 years old and type 1 for almost 11 years.  My
doctor highly suggests MiniMed, but I don't want to just take his word
for it.  Most people I've talked to have gone with MM, but here again I
don't want to just follow everyone else.

With injections right now, I'm on about 35 u of insulin per day, so I
can go with a smaller model.  Before I had to make this decision, I
didn't know there were other companies besides MM and Disetronic!  To be
honest, the Paradigm looks like a good match for me and everything I
would want.  Can you help me?  Thanks in advance for any advice!