Re: [IP] Pharmacists-insurance co. and strips

I often feel low about 1 hour after eating and bolusing - I then test myself and can tell by that number if I will be low after the Humalog has finished its work.  The number may be like 6.8(which is perfect) but it's to low for 1 hour after eating.  That is why I test often.  I also test before driving, before I go out with the kids(don't want to end up face down in a snowbank with a 2 year old running the streets)  and on and on - sometimes I do test every half hour if I feel like I need to.  But hey thats my thing, I remember like 5-6 years ago testing only 2x a day and hating that!  Now I'm averaging 10 a day!  Once once you start testing often and see how much better it can be, you totally rely on it.  I can't leave the house to walk to the store(10 mins. there and back) without my tester or I panic!!!

I know many people who only test about 4x a day and if that works for them its great but it definatly doesn't work for me.  :-)

Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)
Pumping Nov.12/02 - Blue Paradigm