Re: [IP] Question: How important is it to have a pro-pump endo

Very.  When I wanted a NON-MM pump, my current
physician of 15 years would not help me (i.e. he did
write the requested initial letter but would not do
any more to help on the appeal).  He has never
referred me to the CDE affiliated with his office.  I
found out her name from the Animas Rep!

Make what could be a longer story short - as of this
Wednesday he is my ex-physician.  I will continue to
see him for flu shots & physicals.  But, no longer
will I see him for anything diabetes related.  Another
reason to move - this is the same physician who
poo-poo'd the spot below the knee on my leg being

My new physician is with the Barbara Davis Center for
Diabetes here in Denver.  The work-up packet is
incredible!  Stuff I've never been asked for or by the
soon-to-be-ex MD.

I'm excited, but also a bit nervous about "failing to
make the grade" (my log books are non-existent & I
eye-ball food - have never counted carbs).  I'm
preparing myself for a very steep learning curve!!

If you are having doubts - trust your instincts!!
There is little to lose by finding someone who you
trust to make good decisions regarding your diabetes &

-gail in denver
Dx'd T1 02/14/72 @ age 11, pumping since 1985-ish.

Do you Yahoo!?