[IP] Re: jury duty

I was called a few weeks ago and made it through about four rounds of
eliminations before being axed by the defense for a murder trial. I still
wonder why I was cut. I happen to think I would be an excellent juror :-)
Anyway, I don't see any reason why you can't test and correct during jury
service. Judges granting excuses from jury service are becoming more and more
difficult to come by. I can't imagine judges excusing diabetics, there are
too many of us.
I was more concerned about being able to have food in the jury room and
courtroom. In the court I was in, people were allowed to bring lunches and
eat in the jury room. As for court, judges take nice long lunches, so it
shouldn't be a problem. I can't imagine not being able to pop a few glucose
tabs when necessary.
Maybe the best thing to do would be to call the courthouse and inquire on
these issues. Also, if you do end up on a jury, I would discuss the issues
with the judge as well so he/she is aware of what the pump beeps and glucose
tabs are all about.
dxed T1 9/92, pumping since 1/02