[IP] Re: deciding on pump

Oops, forgot to email privately. Now I've gone and offended MM users even
more. Sorry folks. Oh well....

In a message dated 12/7/02 6:44:01 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<< Hi all, brand new to the list.  I was wanting to get some advice from
real people on the pump.  I'm in the process of getting one (everything
is final with insurance and everything) I just need to decide which one
I want to get!  I'm 25 years old and type 1 for almost 11 years.  My
doctor highly suggests MiniMed, but I don't want to just take his word
for it.  Most people I've talked to have gone with MM, but here again I
don't want to just follow everyone else.

With injections right now, I'm on about 35 u of insulin per day, so I
can go with a smaller model.  Before I had to make this decision, I
didn't know there were other companies besides MM and Disetronic!  To be
honest, the Paradigm looks like a good match for me and everything I
would want.  Can you help me?  Thanks in advance for any advice! >>