Re: [IP] Question: How important is it to have a pro-pump endo?

I think its more or less if you like the doctor, the other 12 pumpers could love him but if you don't well maybe he's just not right for you.  Also take into consideration who will be handling your pump questions, I technically have an endo, I saw him once 2 1/2 years ago ( I see him again in Feb)  but he was kind enough to write my pump script, after my dietican/pump trainer and D-nurse, convinced him I am a great candidate.  Now I do pretty much all my pump stuff with my trainer and nurse, they answer all my questions and adjust all my doses etc.  So it is them I really need to get along with( and we do).
I'm not sure if you have other health care members to help you out or if it's all on the Endo.

Now unfortunaltly I have to switch dieticans and diabetes nurse :-(  I was supposed to 2 1/2 years ago when I turned 18 but they kept me as long as they could cause it was just easier as we work together at our diabetes camps etc.  But oh well we all have to grow up sometime!!

 Mind you if you spend all day watching Barney, doing crafts and rolling on the floor with a 2 year old you tend to forget how old you really are!!

Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)
Pumping Nov.12/02 - Blue Paradigm