[IP] Re: carb content/flour

Flours vary quite a bit by the type of wheat they are produced from.  For
instance, Canadian flour is made from hard wheat and is perfect for baking
bread.  In Europe, you need to buy more expensive bread flour if you bake
bread, as their usual flour is very soft and perfect for cakes.  USA flour is
in between the two.  The Black and Decker bread machine has a recipe book
included which has 2 versions of each bread recipe, using different amounts
depending on whether you are in the USA or Canada.
       I don't have info on the difference in carbs between these types of
flours, but certainly similar volumes will weigh differently.  My current bag
of Canadian flour has 73 carbs in 100 grams, or 88 carbs in one cup.

Barbara, mum of Claire 8