[IP] testing for sugar content

A while back, someone was talking about how they can test pop to see if it is
diet or not.  I am asking because I can't tell the difference between regular
and diet pop.  I have my kids taste it, and occasionally.. the regular pop is
in the diet spicket.

What kind of strips can be used to do this? Do you use the strip along with
your meter or is there a strip you can use visually?  Does it work on other