Re: [IP] Help Please

In a message dated 12/5/2002 10:11:18 AM Central Standard Time, email @ redacted

<< During the Thanksgiving weekend my sugars were totally
 > out of control.  I did cook and so was not taking care
 > of myself as I should but it lasted for 3 days. >>
    Many foods eaten at Thanksgiving can be loaded with fat - gravy,
stuffing, pies, etc. This fatty food, since it is digested slower, can show
up in your blood sugar many hours later. And, also, fatty food is  loaded
with calories.
    My experience with eating a lot of fatty food, such in cases like this,
is it took me quite a while to get the bg's down also, especially if I didn't
stay on top of it every couple of hours - taking bg readings, and more
    I would almost bet that this is what caused your out of whack bg's,  and
not an illness.

Yours Sincerely - Jan G.  :>)