Re: [IP] Vent--Thank You

Hmmm. Well, I test as often as I can because the more often you test the
better control I will have over my blood sugars. I tend to wake up several
times a night and I figure that if I am up I might as well test. I also have
RA so when I have a flare up my blood sugars go crazy. Most CDE's and Endo's
want you to test a MINIMUM of 4-6 times a day. That does not mean that it
isn't a good idea to test more. As for having lives...well I use the Ultra
and it takes me 30 seconds total to prick my finger get the test strip out
and get my number. I do it while driving all the time. I do it in movie
theaters, restaurants...anywhere. I think I can spare at the most 30 seconds
to do a quick test to make sure I am healthy.
The pharmacist had no right to tell me that I don't test my self 10 times a
day. She is not an MD. She knows medicines, not how often I need to test. I
trust her opinion with the 4 other medications I take daily, not with how
much insulin I should take and how often I should test.

Anyway, I want to thank everyone for letting me vent. I will take the advice
and talk to the manager as soon as I get back in town in January. For now, I
am going to enjoy seeing my parents and going skiing as often as my poor
joints will allow me.