[IP] Second Meter Free

I have read recent posts about people contacting their meter companies to get
a second meter free.  I have a Glucometer Elite and am very happy with it.  I
called Bayer customer support yesterday and told them that I am a pumper and
use about 400 strips a month, that I was going on an extended trip, and that I
was in a position to recommend their products.  I asked for a second meter
free.  They told me that they had no such policy and couldn't do it.

Has anyone had success specifically getting a Glucometer?  If so, how?