Re: [IP] Glucogon

>> Since giving glucagon when "not" needed does not harm, there is no
>> liability issue unless the school "fails" to give it.
>In contrast, giving epinephrine at the wrong time/dose can be very

I don't think that is true.  Well, perhaps dose.  But epinephrine is
not dangerous to give (though, it could drive up a diabetics blood

When my oldest son was 3, I woke up to the sound of him screaming one
morning.  I went in to his room, and found that he had gotten into his
Epi-Pen Jr and gave himself a shot in the wrist!  I panicked, and
called 911, who directed me to a doctor on the phone.  I told them what
happened, and they said that it would not hurt him...he might just act
a little hyper for a couple of hours.  They were more concerned with
the possibility that the needle could have hit a nerve or tendon, etc
(which it didn't).

On a followup, I was told that epinephrine is NOT dangerous at all...it
is just adrenaline, and it would take a very large amount to pose any

BTW, we later learned that keeping his medicine up in a cupboard
apparently wasn't good enough for a 3 year old...he knew how to get
chairs to reach it.  :-)  (He wasn't scared of the needle because he
watched me give myself a shot every day.)