RE: [IP] Re: McDonald's

C. Jones [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> Interestingly, I can get nutritional information from Burger King, but not
> Red Lobster or Perkins.  Food for though?

The only time restaurants are *required* to provide nutritional information
is when they have menu items listed as low fat or some other specific
nutritional claim.  Fast food chains have found it useful (read profitable)
to provide a nutrition chart - much easier for them to do because each store
produces identical food, identically prepared, etc.  Bear in mind that USDA
regulations allow for a fifteen percent variance from the posted values to
allow for slight variations in portion size, etc.

Jim Handsfield