Re: [IP] New Pumper to be

In a message dated 12/5/2002 10:06:27 AM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> The Animas rep sold me by being interested in my life and
> understanding the reasons for wanting to pump. The MM rep was selling a
> product. I know that all this probably doesn't mean much with everyone
> having
> a different rep/geographic location. I just wanted to share with everyone my
> excitement on deciding to pump. I have chosen the Animas IR1000. I have also
> chosen to use the MM infusion sets as Animas doesn't have anything like the
> insert tools that MM has. My Animas rep said they will do that for me.
> So the count down begins!
> My target date to Start is 01/06/03.

Great news . . . and your story comes as no surprise to me.  I've yet to hear
a story about Animas sales/customer service that wasn't positive.  My
daughter has been pumping with Animas for 18 months now (we also the Minimed
Quick-Sets with the inserter) and have been extremely happy with the pump and
the service/support.  Good luck with your pump start!  Have fun reading
Pumping Insulin -- between that and the collective wisdom of the IP group you
should be in good shape!

Pumpmama to Katie