Re: [IP] Glucogon

In a message dated 12/5/2002 9:35:44 AM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Since giving glucagon when "not" needed does not harm, there is no
> liability issue unless the school "fails" to give it.

In contrast, giving epinephrine at the wrong time/dose can be very dangerous
. . . I'm convinced that if they could come up with a way make the glucagon
kit so that it was premixed and had a short needle "pen-like" design the
resistance to it would be greatly reduced --- one look at that syringe and
humongous needle and school adminstrators generally run in the other
direction as fast as possible . . . I'm fortunate that my daughter's school
(a private one) cares more about keeping Katie safe and that the people there
are intelligent enough to understand about the protection afford them by good
samaritan laws . . . It pisses me off that so many people have to fight so
hard for a potentially life-saving hormone (it's not even a "drug") that is
virtually risk free!

Pumpmama to Katie