[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #831

In a message dated 12/5/2002 3:58:40 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> From: "Sue" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] Help Please
> I had an "assessment" meeting with a CDE yesterday and as part of it there
> was a quiz to determine what I knew before our meeting. One of the
> questions
> was if you have the flue do you
> (1) take no insulin
> (2) take 1/2 of your normal insulin
> (3) take your regular amount of insulin
> (4) don't know.

I have always been told to take your regular amount.  HOwever, I am very
insulin sensitive and when on injections, I would only take half my usual
dose and would still have lows.

Not sure how things will go, if I have the flu now that I am on the pump.