Re: [IP] Help Please

In a message dated 12/5/2002 10:11:18 AM Central Standard Time, email @ redacted

<<  During the Thanksgiving weekend my sugars were totally
 > out of control.  I did cook and so was not taking care
 > of myself as I should but it lasted for 3 days. >>
    I would almost bet that the culprit is all the fatty foods that
Thanksgiving meals are loaded with - pies, stuffing, desserts, gravy.
    Fat loaded foods end up as glucose slowly, and can last a long time.
Also, since fatty foods contain many calories - this can really make your
bg's soar.
    I have experience this also, that's why I try and stay away from  a lot
of fat food, and even though I love fat loaded foods, it just causes too many
    I doubt that your high bg's were caused from an illness, especially since
Thanksgiving foods were involved, and that you did not feel sick.

Yours Sincerely - Jan G.  :>)