Re: [IP] Merck-Medco Update (almost a rant/vent)

> From: Artorius Rex <email @ redacted>
> I've been through my first Merck-Medco mail order prescipription fill

> Wouldn't you think that if there was conflicting information on a
> that the pharmacist filling it would throw some sort of flag and trace
> which amount was actually being requested?

My experience with Merck-Medco, now Medco Health, has been only positive.
We've dealt with them for 2 years now. I get insulin foam-packed in bubble
wrap and 2 gel packs. I rec'd an order of 4 vials of Humalog today and the
packs were not frozen. A sheet was inserted stating there were times they
would be frozen, one frozen and one chilled, or both chilled. I like that.
Better than the time from the other company *whom I have forgotten* that had
4 vials in a cardboard box sitting in the sun for 1-3 days one August! But,
I recently had a script for a pill and on my allergy list, it is the same
cream I am allergic to. I got a call from a pharmacist at M-M telling me
this was on my allergy list. I told him it was the cream, that I have taken
the pill for 23 years and it's okay. He wanted to make sure I was getting
the proper med. I like that, too.

They do use different stations around the US and break up my large orders. I
don't know if some of their subs carry diff. items, or why they do that.
Often it is stated that this is pkg 1 of 3, etc.

The one thing we were upset about is our previous insurer had Methotrexate
for my hugsband's arthritis @ $9.48 a 10ml vial. That is below copay! Now,
we have a new insurer but still with M-M and Meth is NOT in their formulary.
M-M will not sell it to us with the continuing Rx that they posess for the
@9.48 as the deal only with insurance companies. :-(  It is $50.00 for us at
KMart as they sell it to us in 2ml vials. We have sent a letter of need from
the dr. to United Health Care with a new Rx and have had no reply. That's
UHC's responsibility to add it.

Hope things go better next time.

Dialyzing since 7/8/02

If you want something done, ask a busy person and he'll get someone else to
do it. ~ Mort Walker