Re: [IP] Vent - Walgreen's

>>> Is this a Walgreen's thing or something?  <snip> They wouldn't give me a
full 300 test strips, claiming
my insurance wouldn't allow it.  I called the insurance company and they
said that was not their policy.  I'm going to check with Walgreen's again
today to see if they can hand over the rest of *my* strips that they owe
me.  I'm wondering if Wal-Mart is better.  >>>

I think it's a *people* problem and not a corporation problem. A pharmacist
at Kroger gave me one vial of Humalog on my 2-vial Rx. He said, "The
insurance company doesn't like that. I took it since I wasn't yet an IPer.
Since joining IP I have learned lots and now stand up for myself insurance
wise and otherwise. ;)

The next pharmacist at Kroger on the other's day off, when I went to get my
refill before my 30 days were up, asked if I wanted both vials as written. I
said, "YES!!"  Sooooo, it was the person - not the company.

I'll rather venture to say that it would be that way at Walgreen's or
Wal*Mart or other places who have this practice. I don't know if the
particular person who won't allow the full 'script gains anything by their
disallowing. If it's not out of their pockets, big hairy deal. Give us what
it says. Period. Forget the hassles!!! (~_^)

Dialyzing since 7/8/02

Ameteurs practice until they get it right - professionals practice so they
won't get it wrong. ~ Julie Andrews' teacher