Re: [IP] Blood in cannular

I had similar problems with my comfort/silouhette infusion sites some months
ago and traced it down to me not using a shallow enough insertion angle.  It
appeared that I was getting the cannula much too close to my muscle layer.
By inserting it more firmly into the fat layer, I haven't seen blood since.

--- Kim Baker <email @ redacted> wrote:
 As I removed it a small bubble of blood formed on the
> skin surface. I put a tissue on the area, applied a little pressure and it
> stopped bleeding after a few seconds. Was not worried about this but again
> last night I had blood showing in the cannular when looking through the
> clear plastic window of the set. I had checked it many times a day since
> inserting it and had intended to remove it today when the resovoir emptied.
> It had been in for 3 days and about 4 hours. I changed it immediately but am
> wondering if this is a common occurrence. Does this happen regularly to
> other people?
> Kim

Do you Yahoo!?