[IP] being a teacher

I never went through with my dream of becoming a teacher because I didn't
want to have to do all the paperwork so I did tons of volunteering all my
life and continue to do so.

I can tell you that if you live in the US, there is what is called a
"resource teacher" who practically works one on one with the students who
are low and need extra special help.

These children have first been tested to see what their needs are and then
the resource teacher goes from there.  The resource teacher goes from room
to room and gathers anywhere from one to five students and works with them
on a daily basis.

If I had to do it all over again I would perhaps think of doing that but
then there is even more paperwork to deal with.

Right now I'm very content to be doing volunteering working with students
very low in reading and the sld primary children.  They are a handful and I
come home exhausted on the days I see them but they are precious.

Good luck in whatever field you choose but even though teaching isn't a good
paying job it is extremely rewarding.

Kathy B.