[IP] Re: :-(

In a message dated 12/4/2002 7:50:19 PM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> not sure if I really want to be a teacher, I'd rather have more of a
> one-on-one contact with kids.

       If you had your ECE certificate, you could try for a job with a school
where you could be assigned to work one on one with a special needs child
integrated into a regular classroom.  School board budgets for these people
vary across the country, but here in BC there seem to be many in place.  For
example, in Claire's classroom there is a full time ECE for a boy who is of
very low IQ.  This woman is also responsible for checking the 6 year old DM
child's bgs if she is feeling low during the middle of class time, but has no
responsibility for Claire or the 11 year old Dmer in the school.  I'm not
sure if she qualifies for full medical benefits from the school board--I'll
ask her tomorrow.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 8