Re: [IP] Paradigm Reservoir

On 12/4/02 7:43 PM, "Ryan Bruner" <email @ redacted> wrote:

>> Are Paradigm users finding that the 176-size reservoir is enough? I am
>> assuming that most users are on a 3-day cycle of insertion set and
>> reservoir changing and I am wondering how that is impacted by the 176
>> size, especially if ca. 20 units are in the tubing.
>> We are looking at pumps and are currently using about 70 units a day
>> with syringes.

> changes hasn't bothered me in the slightest.  Besides, going longer, even if
> people aren't experiencing problems, DOES cause more scar tissue to develop
> over time, so changing every 2 1/2 to 3 days should be what EVERYONE does
> even if they don't feel they need to or want to. But, cost of supplies
> factors in for those not on insurance.

Changing sets and changing cartridges are two totally different operations
and have NO similarity in requirements.   I wear Rapids with the metal
needles and change every two days, but I change cartridges every six to
seven days as necessary and save a great deal of money by doing this as
opposed to changing the reservoir every three days.   YMMV     :>)