[IP] Re: air bubbles

>Air is inside the insulin and comes to surface when it warms up (like oil)
or when agitated so you can develop air bubbles almost anytime. The TRICK is
to never hook up with cold insulin. Always let the vial or the reservoir
come to room temperature before hooking up. Sometimes, even a couple hours
out of the refrigerator is not enough. I leave my filled reservoir out 24
hours to "warm up." Have not had any bubble trouble since.

Sherri Caddy, RD, CDE, CPT

> OK so I was just lying on the couch and I was stetching out my tubing and
I noticed a huge air bubble it was about 2 inches long so I primed it out
then noticed anoth one about 1inch long, that I must have pushed out with my
prime.  Now did I just miss these bubbles when I changed my set or is there
some way the bubbles can get in afterwards??