Re:[IP] Paradigm Reservoir

>Are Paradigm users finding that the 176-size reservoir is enough? I am
>assuming that most users are on a 3-day cycle of insertion set and
>reservoir changing and I am wondering how that is impacted by the 176
>size, especially if ca. 20 units are in the tubing.
>We are looking at pumps and are currently using about 70 units a day
>with syringes.

Well, prior to the pump, I was on about 50-60 units per day total. After
pump, I'm taking 50-60 units per day.  :-)

Of course, I'm having fewer extreme lows and better control...but my insulin
requirements have not changed.  So, you may still need 70 units per day.

MM recommends changing every 2 1/2 to 3 days.  I changed about every 2 1/2
to 3 days, depending on how many carbs I eat.  If you want to get more out
of your reservoir, use the 23-inch tubing instead of the 41-inch.  It takes
me about 6 units to prime the 23-inch, versus 12-14 units to prime the
41-inch.  (I actually like the 23-inch tubing better as well...if there is a
time I need it longer, I can just disconnect.)

I think if you are used to going 4-5 days between sets is what you are used
to, then going back to 2 1/2 to 3 days would be annoying...but since I went
straight to the Paradigm from shots, the 2 1/2 to 3 days between sites
changes hasn't bothered me in the slightest.  Besides, going longer, even if
people aren't experiencing problems, DOES cause more scar tissue to develop
over time, so changing every 2 1/2 to 3 days should be what EVERYONE does
even if they don't feel they need to or want to. But, cost of supplies
factors in for those not on insurance.