RE: [IP] Re: Paradigm Clip

MiniMed says clips will be available after January.  Paradigm owners will
receive a letter when the clips are available and you will have to call to
give them your color so they can send you the match to your pump color.
From: "Shawna" <email @ redacted>
Sender: <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Re: Paradigm Clip
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 08:17:24 -0600

"Has anyone heard anything about MM developing a clip
for the Paradigm? I was assured by a MM rep about four
months ago that there was one in development... I
really hate the fact that there's no clip on the pump
- the holster is ok, but it is HUGE - I only use it at
home or else it feels like I'm wearing a
walkie-talkie. The cases for the Paradigm just stink."

I was wondering about this the other day myself.  When I called MM after
receiving my pump and no clip (which is mentioned in the instruction
booklet), the rep told me the same thing and that the previous clip kept
breaking off so they were working on another one.  You'd think if they can
develop a piece of equipment that can deliver precise doses of insulin, they
could make an unbreakable clip.  The "Rocket Science" part has already been
done.  I don't like the cases either.  I'd really like a clip too so that I
could attach the pump to the inside of my skirt or nylons without a huge
bulge.  Sorry this doesn't offer any ray of hope - just agreement.  Maybe
all the Paradigm users should call them up and keep nagging them about it.

Shawna (dx'd 3/02, pumping since 8/02)