Re: [IP] Re:Strong vs.Weak

As a retired Special Forces Operative I take great offense to ANYONE
telling me that I had anything to do with getting this country attacked. I
agree that you are in a sad frame of mind about your diabetes. You don't
want it...hell, none of us want it but we have to take care of ourselves
and live with it or die. I think I will take care of myself and live with
it. Some people think that this is a club. Yes it is. It is a club of
people from all over the world who know what each and every person is going
through and has gone through. Some folks on this list have learned more
about living with diabetes than they could ever learn from a book or
magazine. I left the list a while back and came back after spending some
time in a country called Afganistan. Ever heard of it. I for one am glad
that this list is here and I have hundreds of people who can help me when
others fail because they UNDERSTAND. They do not criticize or bash me
because I type the wrong key on a keyboard, they actually care unlike most

                      <email @ redacted>            To:       <email @ redacted>, <email @ redacted>
                      Sent by:                        cc:
                      email @ redacted        Subject:  [IP] Re:Strong vs.Weak
                      12/04/2002 09:55 AM
                      Please respond to IP

Please do your share and make a tax deductible donation to the FALL
pledge drive. Your help is needed to raise the remaining funds
necessary for Oct, Nov, Dec. Won't you please give $10 or $20 a year?

On 12/4/02 5:49 AM, "insulin-pumpers-digest" <email @ redacted>

> From: "dclover" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] Re: Survival...
> ya know you people are all a f****** joke, you all treat being a diabetic
> like a club, its not a god damn game. I have only had my diagnosis for
> 6 weeks and allready you jerks disgust me. Take me off this weak f******
> list B-4 I puke on my key board. Tami go f*** a fence post, its weak
> a** holes like you that got this country attacked in the first place. I
> better things to do like trying to get better.....

Ah, such refreshing, EDUCATED Posts like this.... Maybe you ARE hurting,
you also simply sound MEAN and more sour than anyone *I* have seen on this
list. Six weeks isn't long, and yeah you sound a bit imbalanced over all
this. BUT no one here got this country attacked, that was independently
chosen by folks who don't even live here, and who are brainwashed.

It seems the weaker the mind, the more expletives and hate comes out.
Flinging brutal insults to people on this list is not what the strong do.
You seem to have a very poor image of yourself over the diabetes....Or
that was there before diagnosis and this is how you see the world

You really ought to grow up and accept what has happened to you re:
and stop being so awful to people. You know, anger kills more often than
diabetes: Ulcers, heart attacks, suicides etc.... I've had my diabetes for
18 years and am yet without complications. I think this has at least a part
due to my attitude which is to do well in spite of having diabetes. I don't
let Terrorism beat me, and diabetes won't either.

Yes, as 10% of the population of the world has diabetes of some sort and
only 10% of THOSE are 'Type 1', having this IS a 'club'. It is an
exclusivity *I* wouldn't have chosen, but it is no one's fault that I have
it either.

You can be powerful without being crude. Tactless and plain rude are the
'qualities' of the weak mind, not the strong.

Maybe when you have gotten over the initial grieving for the body that let
you down, you can return in a more adult, and tolerant manner. For now, you
are too angry and upset to be nice to anyone....including yourself.

Failure is not an option....It comes bundled with the software.
                                                (--------Bill Gates?)
Jenny Sutherland