Re: [IP] basals for my almost 13 yr old son

the
largest per hour basals do you all use???? He is at 1 unit some of the
hours
and I probably need to increase that.I do know that hormones during
puberty
increases the need for more insulin.>>>>>>>>>>

my basals range from 1.1 to 1.4, so it is definitely a your mileage may vary thing. don't be
afraid to set his basals wherever they need to be to get his sugars down to normal-- there is no
one "right" dose of insulin for anyone, especially teenagers. the hormones can definitely make
sugars crazy, so just increase the insulin or decrease it as needed to keep him healthy.

good luck!