Re: [IP] basals for my almost 13 yr old son

Jenny's (14) basal needs are constantly changing. For months her
midnight rate was .8, going to 1.1 at 2 a.m., and 1.0 at 8 a.m. Last
night between midnight and 6 p.m. she dropped 30 from 95 to 65. I woke
up every hour and watched it happen. I'm going to try to fine tune
things a little bit or maybe just make sure she is >125 when she goes to

She disconnects for high school soccer and boluses 50% of the basal
every 3 hours. Yesterday she came home from a scrimmage at 89. I'm so
proud of her. She is becoming much more responsible about remember to
bolus and to cover her basal.

Besides exercise, the hormone factor is huge and very unpredictable. Her
teenage body cycles aren't in a pattern that I can see. So we just do
the best we can.