[IP] Re: frozen shoulder manipulation

Spot wrote:

Frozen or broken shoulder is very painful, mrs spot
broke mine in punishment for not giving her an
aniversary present. It hurt like HE.. For about 3
weeks it hurt and I needed narcotics to dull the pain.
Now its usually ok. I'm not dissing your doc but I
never heard of doing damage by repeating PT. that
sounds like cat poop. PT makes a frozen shoulder
better by inmproving ROM and preventing further
adhesions, spot
A. L. Bender, M. D.
email @ redacted

Dr. Bender:

Am not understanding your reference to PT.  I had
nearly 3 years of PT for frozen shoulder (adding up
treatment for both pre & post manipulations on both
shoulders).  The PT was so incredibly painful on both
shoulders pre-manip that I BEGGED for the
manipulation.  I knew it could not be as painful as
PT.  Following manipulations - the PT saved me from
recurrence.  Although painful, it was not nearly as
painful as the pre-manip PT.  In fact - I stopped
taking narcotics immediately post surgery both times!

The only reason things got screwed up on the 2nd
manipulation is that the PT facility went bankrupt and
I had to find another clinic that my insurance would
pay for.  I went nearly 2 weeks WITHOUT PT post-manip
on 2nd shoulder.

Maybe another YMMV?

-gail in denver
Dx'd T1 02/14/72 @ age 11, pumping since 1985-ish.