Re: [IP] implantable glucose sensor...

>  so when do you guys think something more practical will come out, as
>far as a hypo sensor...this doesnt seem to difficult to come out with,
>i know many companies have been working hard at the sensors, just
>wondering when you all think it will actually be out and make our
>lives a bit easier!!

I'm expecting it to be a while before we see one that does what you're
suggesting.  Even the one that is in testing by Minimed, which uses an
infusion-type-set like a pump requires that you still calibrate a
couple times a day with fingertip testing.

Until that day, testing 7+ times a day is the best way to avoid
hypos...or at the very least, minimize their effects.  Since being on
the pump, the number of hypos I experience has NOT decreased...but I
don't go extremely low nearly as often.  I usually catch lows now
before going below 60-70.  I used to frequently get into the 50's or
lower.  WHen I get lows in the 50's, I would get these horrible
headaches a couple hours later that ONLY Tylenol would take away
(Ibuprofen nor asperin would touch it).