Re: [IP] Pump Failure Data [Was] paradigm alarm ? MAUDE

On 12/2/02 11:42 AM, "Artorius Rex" <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Would it be possible to have pump failure data compiled as part of the
> statistical analysis gleaned from our profile data?  i.e - have you ever
> experienced a failure necessitating replacement before the warranty expired
> and what pump model did you have?
> A lot of people come to this group to gain info on what pump they should
> choose from among the available offerings.  Pump failure data is a key piece
> of information that doesn't appear to be collected elsewhere.  Any failure
> information available now is anecdotal at best.
> Gleaning information from a statistically significant sample of the pumping
> population, namely us, this could lead people to affect their purchase
> decisions.
> With all of the Paradigm/MM 508 issues that have been discussed in various
> threads lately, the need for this kind of information is becoming increasing
> obvious.

THAT is already being done by the FDA and they are currently collecting
further reports.  The database was last updated Sept. 28, 2002  Look at:

And use "lzg" as the product code in your Search.  Use other terms to narrow
the results, which can be quite extensive.