RE: [IP] ATA and flying with diabetic supplies

I fly very frequently all around the world. I was stopped one time last
year (September) at Laguardia airport in New York because the screener
noticed the pump around my belt and thought it was a pager which needed to
be removed. I was asked to remove it and had to explain what it was. The
supervisor overheard the conversation and let me go through. This same
supervisor also told me that the FAA was aware of insulin pumps and had
paperwork in the process to exempt pump wearers from having to remove the
pumps if the alarms sounded. If I am ever asked now I simply open the door
of my 508 and show them the reservoir full of insulin and that works every