RE: [IP] ATA and flying with diabetic supplies

It's after Turkey Day and I'm catching up on my 360 pumper emails:-)
I wanted to chime in on the flying thing.
I have never needed a Dr. note or anything to fly.  But I have not flown since 9/11/01.  I did receive a letter and enclosed card from Disetronic shortly after 9/11 which was a pumper's ID card and a line for my endo to sign which states that I'm a Type I and wear a pump which must remain on me 24/7.  I keep that in my wallet at all times for any possible needs but it was sent specifically for flying.
Also an addendum about the original person who sent this saying her pump set off the metal detectors at the airport.  I have been pleasantly surprised that my Disetronic H-tron+ has never set off any security detectors I've ever gone through!  Whether at airports, sporting events or anything else!  I always get nervous as I approach but I slide through without a beep every time:-)
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!  I DID!
--janet (Dx @ age 3, 8/78; pumping H-tron+ since 6/00)
>>Has anyone else heard this from an airline or more importantly actually
a doctor's note to get on the plane with supplies?  I haven't had a problem
(except my pump setting off the scanners which was OK when I explained what
was or they patted me down) and I haven't heard of anyone else having a
problem.  I told the woman at ATA that we have enough things to do without
going to the doctor for a note every time we fly!  My daughters is going to
her Dad's for over 10 days in January, would that mean that she would need
another note for the return trip!  It's not like she is going to become

Well, I am from Canada, now in USA. When I was in Edmonton, AB, when ever I
flew anywhere, I got a doctors note, there was no specific time before
departure that I had to have this by, and I was asked for it once, and I
used tha same note comming home. I never heard of the pharmacy label thing,
just the doctors note thing.
I hope she has a fun trip, and I would try to combine her doctors visit with
a check up if possible, thats what I always did, at the end of the
appointement " ohhhhhhh, by the way I need....." lol  I also couldent always
get into the endo for the note, so I just used my family doc a few times, I
dont think they care what kind of doc it is,as long as its a docs note.
Well, thats all I know about that! Good luck and happy holidays!!
Tami in Tucson
Pumpin since Nov 1/02