[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #656

In a message dated 12/31/2001 6:54:39 PM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Subject: [IP] adderal's effects on blood sugar

Susan, is it possible that when your son is on Adderall he is not producing
as much adrenaline because he is a little calmer? Since adrenaline tends to
raise bs I would think the more active he is, he is producing more adrenaline
than the days he is on the adderal. My son was on ritalin and then dexadrine
for ADD and I know how he would be when he was off the meds. He is not a
diabetic but he sure played havoc for years on my blood sugars.