Re: [IP] Combining strips

In a message dated 12/31/2001 1:24:37 PM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> As far as the *combining* two vials of strips with the same code/date, it
  could be they are concerned with the container opening twice as long. When
you consider removing one strip - and it should be *immediately* reclosed
(but some do not recap right away) to avoid over exposure. If a vial is open
60 seconds each to remove a strip, for a 25-strip vial that would be a total
of 25 minutes of exposure which can deteriorate the reagents. <

I'd think this (consolidating strips into a single bottle) would be much more
of an issue with folks who only test a few times a day or even less often (I
know that a lot of type twos only check once or twice a day, if that).  I
combine two bottles of strips into one for our One Touch Ultra all the time
with no problem.  Of course, we're testing an average of 10x a day and
keeping the bottle open for less than 10 seconds at a time . . . YMMV

Pumpmama to Katie (10)