Re: [IP] Humalog refused by insurance & Novo

On 31 Dec 2001, at 00:13, Steve Hedrick wrote:

> In a message dated 12/30/01 9:00:52 PM, email @ redacted writes:
> << George >>
> If it was not for e lilly we would not have humalog or novolog and none of
> them care about you or me or anyone els they know that it make them BIG
> MONEY and thats all it is for them because we can not go with out. If it
> was free do you think they would have diffrent kinds?? -

Let's say that if it weren't for Banting and Best we would all not be here!
But let's also recognize Novo-Nordisk's contribution to the development
of Insulin Pumping by their introduction of Velosulin, for without that,
Insulin Pumping would possibly not have developed into the viable
therapy that it is today.  As far as the "BIG MONEY", I would suggest
reading Rick Mendosa's article on the cost of insulin to put this in
proper perspective.  IMHO, I'm alive and no cost is too great for that.

George         ;>)