  From: Bruce Mossman
  To: email @ redacted
  Sent: Monday, December 31, 2001 10:36 AM
  Subject: [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #655

  I started using Lifescan's Ultra and I have a question re the strips.  They
  are packaged in a vial with 25 strips, with 2 vials to the box with the
same
  code numbers.  I'd like to condense and put 50 strips into one vial, and
  upon calling Lifescan was told not to do it because one vial might exceed
  the expiration date.  Since I test 7 pd I said it would only take approx 1
  wk to use all 50.  He said he still doesn't recommend it.  It was like
  beating a dead horse.  Has anyone in dm-land ever tried it?  Thanks in
  advance and a happy and healthy new year to all-------stay pumped  :0)
  Brumo