[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #655

I started using Lifescan's Ultra and I have a question re the strips.  They
are packaged in a vial with 25 strips, with 2 vials to the box with the same
code numbers.  I'd like to condense and put 50 strips into one vial, and
upon calling Lifescan was told not to do it because one vial might exceed
the expiration date.  Since I test 7 pd I said it would only take approx 1
wk to use all 50.  He said he still doesn't recommend it.  It was like
beating a dead horse.  Has anyone in dm-land ever tried it?  Thanks in
advance and a happy and healthy new year to all-------stay pumped  :0)