[IP] RE: thanks, and request for help with basal testing and alcohol consumption

>I need MAJOR help finding my "true" basal rates, high bg bolus, etc.
Itnever works when I do it alone and I have no support here.  If anyone
canhelp out, or needs to do the same and wants to do it together, please let
meknow.Happy new year!Ashley<

If you don't have a copy of Pumping Insulin, get one. Also, if you click
around the IP home page, you will locate a basal rate profiler assist.

Alcohol may cause some problems with BG control because the alcohol prevents
the liver from releasing glucose if you are going low, so ALWAYS eat
something (mixed meal with carbs, protein, a little fat).  Don't forget to
check BG before going to sleep, if drinking anything. The sweeter mixed
drinks should be avoided, because they will put BG up, but then you still
have to deal with the effects of the alcohol on the liver.
You might want to check the archive for prior messages and discussions about
alcoholic drinks.
Stay safe.
Happy New Year!